Updating FC5T3 DVD iso?

Thomas Taylor linxt at comcast.net
Sat Feb 25 00:22:24 UTC 2006

On Friday 24 February 2006 06:49, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> I tried installing from DVD last night and it failed. In graphical mode
> it crashed and in text mode the screen was scrambled enough that it wasn't
> safe for me to try the update since I wanted to be careful about which
> partitions got formatted. (I filed bugs on these and a couple of things
> dealing with the release notes.)
>
> I see that anaconda has been updated since Monday. Can I copy the iso
> contents, replace packages with updated ones (in particular anaconda),
> remake the iso and expect it to work?

It sounds like you have a corrupted DVD.iso.  It is not advisable to try
remaking your own iso version unless you REALLY know what you're doing.

Did you run sha1sum against the downloaded iso file?  Did it agree with the
sha1sum from the download site?

If so, did you verify the DVD after you burned it?

HTH,
Tom

--
Tom Taylor