Xair - DRM fails

Mike A. Harris mharris at mharris.ca
Sun Feb 26 18:34:29 UTC 2006

Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Arjan van de Ven wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 2006-02-26 at 14:46 +0100, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
>>
>>>And as the error doesn't make Xair dump core either, I have no core file
>>>which I can run gdb against.
>>
>>if Xair is setuid, set
>>/proc/sys/fs/suid_dumpable
>>variable to 1
>>(and make sure the ulimit for core dumping isn't 0)
>

> I still can't get Xair to dump core. I see the error flashing by, but
> Xair starts up "normally". Yes, 'Option "NoTrapSignals" "1"' is set in
> the ServerFlags section.

Run the X server as root for debugging purposes.  That generally saves
a lot of headaches.  Also, configure the kernel as to where it should
dump the core files and how it'll name them.  Snoop through /proc/....
to find the proper entries..

HTH

--
Mike A. Harris  *  Open Source Advocate  *  http://mharris.ca