FC5, progression or regression?

Stanton Finley stanfinley at comcast.net
Tue Feb 28 01:01:39 UTC 2006

My Intel onboard 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family Graphics
Controller used to run glxgears at blinding speeds with FC4 and I didn't
even have to install a driver for it on my eMachines T5026. It just
worked great out of the box on FC4. Now with FC5 (in the absence of
glxgears which apparently I can't get on FC5) my 3d graphics and
screensavers run jerkily and seem sluggish. Firefox 1.5 rendering time
is abysmal compared to Firefox 1.0.7 on FC4 on this same machine. It has
a 3 GHz P4 processor for heaven's sake. It should run FC5 like the wind.

Stanton Finley
http://stanton-finley.net/