Please strip out the patch that brings up applications behind gnome-terminal

Joshua M Thompson funaho at jurai.org
Wed Feb 1 06:36:56 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-31 at 21:51 -0500, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

> My favorite side-effect of focus stealing protection is starting
> mplayer in fullscreen mode from the terminal and having the focus
> stealing protection not only have mplayer's full screen window show up
> under the gnome-terminal.. but "under" the gnome-panel as a well. It's
> quite amusing.

This is one of the two times I find the new behavior to be most
annoying. The other is when I run vncviewer to connect to my home
machine from work and the password dialog pops up behind all my other
windows, forcing me to move my hands to the mouse and bring it forward
to click on it (alt-tabbing in and out of terminal windows seems to act
weird.)

--
Joshua M Thompson <funaho at jurai.org>