Fedora Core 4 Test Update: udev-071-0.FC4.2

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Wed Feb 1 14:25:38 UTC 2006

On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 09:01:08AM -0500, Chasecreek Systemhouse wrote:
> On 2/1/06, dragoran <dragoran at feuerpokemon.de> wrote:
> > Harald Hoyer wrote:
>
> > dma enabled during boot:
> > ide: failed opcode was: unknown
> > hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
> > hda: dma_intr: error=0x10 { SectorIdNotFound },
>
> > should I fill a bug? against udev or kernel?
>
> I see these same things on PPC and I feel they are kernel related.

SectorIdNotFound is not a good thing to be seeing, definitely log this and
also check the SMART data on the drive.

There are two usual causes

1.	Disk failure
2.	The kernel low level somehow requesting a non existant block number
	on the drive. That usually implies fs corruption so forcing an fsck
	may be useful.

The smart report should help tell 1 from 2.