Please strip out the patch that brings up applications behind gnome-terminal

Dave Atkins thedave at ix.netcom.com
Wed Feb 1 17:48:01 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-31 at 21:09 -0800, Miles Lane wrote:
. . .

> Again, I think Fedora should reject this change to Metacity.
> I know that Redhat maintains custom kernel patches.  Can we
> have a Metacity that doesn't implement this nutty window management?
>
> Does Fedora Core have any influence over the development decisions
> of the Metacity project?  Are we simply at the mercy of their whims?

If it's down to voting for one or the other, I can't stand applications
that steal the focus or the foreground.  Try using internet explorer
while working in word, and see how distracting it is.

I have really become accustomed to indicating with my mouse onto which
window I want in front, and into which window I'd like to type.
Switching back to Windows or other wm's makes me crazy.

I do wish there were separate gestures (besides mouseover). So, I could
left click the title, for foreground and keyboard focus, and right click
for just keyboard focus. Or something.

Dave's $0.02