How to determine package maintainers?

Fulko.Hew at sita.aero Fulko.Hew at sita.aero
Thu Feb 2 13:37:21 UTC 2006

Although my problem is specifically with Core 4 and the Livna repository,
my question is generic...

How do you find out who the maintainer of a specific package is?

I've just upgraded? to Core 4, and one of my requirements is Audacity.
The version I fetched from Livna, so Livna and freshrpms is now in
my repository list, but this version of Audacity has some strange
behaviour:

1/ the fonts are too big for the buttons now.
2/ (for example) when you click on the title/menu of a track,
   the button gets highlighted(depressed), but the menu only
   appears some of the time.
3/ when recording a track, it results with a random DC offset.
   (I don't know if this is repeatable yet.)
4/ Now when I do a 'yum upgrade', I get a dependency message:

--> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
---> Package wxGTKi386 0:2.6.2-0.2.2-fc4 set to be upgraded
--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: libwx-gtk-2.4.so(GTK2_2.4) for package: audacity
--> Processing Dependency: libwx-gtk-2.4.so for package: audacity
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: libwx-gtk-2.4.so(GTK2_2.4) is needed by package
audacity
Error: Missing Dependency: libwx-gtk-2.4.so is needed by package audacity

# 2 is the show-stopper right now, the rest are just anoying.