CVS snapshot of amaroK for rawhide?

Miles Lane miles.lane at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 17:36:16 UTC 2006

Hello,

I noticed today that rawhide includes a snapshot of rhythmbox.  Could
we have a snapshot of amaroK, too?  amaroK is a fantastic music player
and now supports reading and writing ID3 tags in m4a files (AAC
compression).  This enables me to play my Apple iTunes files (where
all my music is stored).  I found a transcoder for m4a to ogg, but I
had to run it under Wine and I couldn't figure out how to batch the
processing.  Also, I didn't want to lose audio quality in the
conversion.  Ripping all my music to ogg would take a very long time,
because I have a few thousand CDs.  I understand that rawhide won't
have mp3/m4a audio file support, but maybe I could find the required
packages in some other respository?

All the best,
      Miles