FC5T2 ready for even a test release?

George R Goffe grgoffe at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 3 08:33:45 UTC 2006

Howdy,

As long as we're still talking about install everything. I tried
selecting MANUALLY(!) all the pkgs available but did not get a
successful installation. At Rahuls suggestion I installed just the
base fc5t2. I then used the atilla the hun approach with installing
ALL of the rpms on the cd's. I'm sure there's an easier way to do
this... My point though is that it appeared that the cman and a
couple of other pkgs WOULD NOT INSTALL due to missing dependencies
that were NOT on the cd's. It was somewhat painfull to do and I have
since lost the file with the pkg names in it. Sigh...

I think this is yet another reason to have the install everything
"button".

Regards,

George...

=====
"It's not what you know that hurts you, It's what you know that ain't so." Will Rogers