Fedora Targets

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Feb 3 09:40:04 UTC 2006

Hi

> You could put all the common software needed by multiple targets onto
> one/more CD's. Also, none of the CD's need to be full ! eg: the server
> stuff might only be half a CD, but this is cool, it saves download
> time/ storage space. But if you do need specific stuff from the target
> you did not choose, you would decide to either download the whole iso,
> or just individual packages.

I have given it a thought but the problem with segregating the common
software is that the user needs atleast two CD's to do anything useful
with the system. By adding it to every CD the user can download just one
and that particular CD from the several choiecs will hopefully provide
most of what they want.

--
Rahul