ATI driver for X.org 7.0.0?

Ola Thoresen redhat at olen.net
Fri Feb 3 13:33:29 UTC 2006

2006-02-03 Andy Burns <fedora at adslpipe.co.uk> wrote
> Ola Thoresen wrote:
>
>> On a related note, have anyone got either "radeon" or "ati" to work on
>> an x86_64 lately?
>
> yes, been great 2D-wise for me since about X11R7RC4, on an rv370 card, I
> have to add a ChipId to force the hand of the PCI detection.
>
> I know that doesn't help you ... but you did ask ;-)

Doesn't help me with the problem, but at least it is not a general
problem with ati under x86_64.

Did a bit more investigation now, and it seems like the machine itself
is running (I can ssh in from another machine here), but Xorg is using
100% CPU.

The console is completely dead, even if I kill -9 Xorg the screen
remains blank and the keyboard does not respond at all, so a reboot is
needed to recover.

I'll see if I can find another solution, and maybe try to reinstall.
This machine has been following rawhide/development for about a year
now with nightly yum updates enabled (yeah - I like to live a risky
life) so there might very well be some bits and pieces from a broken
package laying around somewhere...

Thanks anyway.

Rgds.

Ola Thoresen