yum leaving multiple versions installed

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Feb 5 17:54:50 UTC 2006

Ville Herva wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 05, 2006 at 08:12:03AM -0500, you [Steve Grubb] wrote:
>> On Saturday 04 February 2006 17:19, Ville Herva wrote:
>>> Yes, apart from kernel and gpg-pubkeys, I think the dupe-checker mishandles
>>> x86/x86-64 but I don't have access to any box I could check that on. There
>>> may be other legal multiple version installs, too.
>> I looked at this a little. In your scripts wherever you have %{NAME} change
>> that to %{NAME}-%{ARCH} and then it spots multilib packages.
>
> Thanks,
>
> I'll note that the scripts were not meant to be anything remotely finished
> (I haven't even begun to think what numerous things could go wrong). If
> they illustrated the idea, that's a good start.
>
> But anyway, thanks for the insights.
>

> -- v --
>
> v at iki.fi

This addition would probably help prevent duplicates showing up on i386
and 64-bit architectures. I get the below output but only have an i686.
I guess those with 64 bit would need to try out the command to see what
shows up.

  ~/find-dupes-multiarch.sh
       2 gpg-pubkey-(none)
       2 kernel-devel-i686
       2 kernel-i686

rpm -aq --queryformat "%{NAME}-%{ARCH}\n" | sort | uniq -c | grep -v -E
" *1 "

All on one line.
Jim