network install of fc5 t2 possible?

Jason Montleon monty19 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 6 11:08:25 UTC 2006

Yes you can, and yes it works well.  I have a Dell Inspiron 8000 with a
completely dead cd-rom drive.  Despite that I am able to boot the machine
and install Fedora on it.  Obviously without a CD-ROM drive I need a
completely alternate boot method.  Enter this image:
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/images/diskboot.img

This may come in useful for you, if you are having trouble even booting from
CD.  Use dd or rawrite to put the image on a USB pen drive, or something
similar (in my case a second HDD in the Media Bay since the Inspiron 8000 is
incapable of booting to USB....) and you can start the install and go about
it by any means necessary.

If you can still boot off the CD you can probably do 'linux askmethod' when
booting to bring up the other options, or download this iamge:
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/images/boot.iso
and burn to CD in order to boot and go about installation.

Cpl Montleon
USMC