yum leaving multiple versions installed

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Feb 6 12:15:14 UTC 2006

Steve Grubb wrote:
> On Sunday 05 February 2006 14:26, Ville Herva wrote:
>> I small note: I think egrep -v "gpg-pubkey|kernel" will also match
>> something like "fookernel" if such package name will ever appear.
>
> In the last version, I used "egrep -vw" which is supposed to do a word match
> and not a partial match.
>
> -Steve

I tried out your latest script with the -vw option and it matched
anything with kernel within it. The addition of the filter is very
helpful for eliminating the kernel and pubkey entries.

For test 2, what are you searching for? I eliminated this portion from a
modified version which originated from the script you posted because I
was more concerned with multiple versions vs. mismatched versions which
I am not really sure what a mismatched version actually is.

Thanks for the work that you put into the script. It works the best
compared to other similar scripts submitted so far.

Thanks also to Jef and Ville for postings related to detecting multiple
version rpm messes within the rpm database.

Jim