network install of fc5 t2 possible?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Feb 6 13:54:49 UTC 2006

Cam wrote:

> Thanks all for the info - I can give it a try now.
>
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/TestingGuide
>> http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/fedora-install-guide-en/
>

> Rahul, the links you gave were very top level and didn't cover network
> install. Even searching within them it wasn't easy to find the answer
> to my question (how to initiate network install on FC5 t2). The first
> one claimed "Network installation does not work in the current
> development tree"

Last time I checked which was a week or so back, it didnt work for many
people. I dont do daily installations from the rawhide tree to check. If
anyone else is doing that feel free to update the testing guide to
provide the latest information.

> and the second one was headed "Fedora Core 4...".

The network installation method hasnt changed for years.

> Given the answer by one of the kind responses here, I was able to
> search for "askmethod" and find it on the anaconda isolinux options
> wiki page. Do you think this could be more prominent in the
> documentation (wiki or release notes)?

It is part of the installation guide.  The development tree wouldnt have a specific installation guide so you will have to refer to the prior release documents. Wiki is meant for more volatile content. Release notes would provide in general only the major highlights between releases. Any help to document changes more prominently is welcome.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject

--
Rahul