/sys/bus/usb/devices vs. /proc/bus/usb/devices ....

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Feb 6 23:57:54 UTC 2006

Johannes Erdfelt wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 06, 2006, Tom London <selinux at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Running latest rawhide.
>>
>> On my system, it appears that USB topology/devices are now being
>> populated in /sys/bus/usb/ instead of /proc/bus/usb.
>>
>> Did this recently change (or did I just miss this ....)?
>
> I haven't checked rawhide recently, but you should be seeing the device
> nodes in /dev/bus/usb (via udev) now instead of /proc/bus/usb (via
> usbdevfs).
>
> JE

There were two problems recently fixed which needed /dev/bus/usb changes
vs. the older /proc/bus/usb location. Sane for scanners like HP flatbed
scanners and a fix for gnomad2. I did not check the scanner yet, but
gnomad2 works great with the changes.

/dev/bus/usb is the new location as stated by Johannes.

Jim

--
History is on our side (as long as we can control the historians).