Any ETA for gimp-print 5.0.0 in Rawhide?

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Feb 7 18:20:21 UTC 2006

Am Dienstag, den 07.02.2006, 10:00 +0000 schrieb Tim Waugh:
> On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 04:08:48AM -0500, Miles Lane wrote:
>
> > I have an EPSON Stylus Photo R340.  There is a driver for this printer
> > in gimp-print 5.0.x.  Right now, rawhide has gimp-print 4.2.0, which
> > has a driver for a R300.  This driver is unreliable sending output to
> > my R340.
>
> This isn't just a version upgrade, it's switching from gimp-print to
> gutenprint.  A lot has changed, and it will need a lot of work.
>[...]
> There is now no chance that gutenprint will be in Fedora Core 5 that I
> can see (lack of time and resources), but let's try to get it in
> rawhide very soon after that.

Can gutenprint be installed in parallel with gimp-print? Then we could
(and should) add it to Fedora Extras 5 after the final version of
gutenprint is released.

/me really would like to see gutenprint in FC5 because it supports lots
of (epson) printers from round about the last 1 1/2 years that are not
supported by gimp-print. It's a pity that gutenprint is still beta and
that there are no resources to get it into FC5 -- well, that's life.