CDs mount to volume name

Karsten Fischer kfischer at bfki.net
Wed Feb 8 23:49:07 UTC 2006

Am Donnerstag, den 09.02.2006, 07:10 +0800 schrieb John Summerfied:

> Because OS X isn't Linux and different rules apply. On OS X, I do things
> the OS X way.

That doesn't explain a lot, now does it? Things do evolve, and sometimes
a change like this could make working with a computer a lot easier for
those who have to work with but neither have the time nor the motivation
to explore a computers internals. And how should I explain it to a
customer: "Yes, of course you see the the CD-ROM and its content on your
desktop, and yes, the CD has a descriptive name (label) like "Tax2005",
and no, you won't find it within your Filesystem , you have to guess its
device..."

--
Karsten Fischer