Right click menu

Ben Steeves ben.steeves at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 23:47:52 UTC 2006

On 2/9/06, Steven Haigh <netwiz at crc.id.au> wrote:

> > I see that gnome-terminal is no longer on the menu when you right click
> on
> > the desktop.  Is their someplace I can put that back.  I use it quite
> > alot.
>
> While we're on the topic of annoying things, is there a way to make the
> icons on the desktop 'auto-arrange'?

Does "Clean up by Name" not do what you want?

I have one icon that I have to reposition everytime I log into gnome... I
> also have to close a nautilus file browser window every time I login :|
>
> Not huge things, but damn annoying :|
>
> I'm not saving my session each time I logout, maybe that is the issue?

Yes, that's the issue.

> really want to be able to login, have gkrellm load, have the icons in a
> nice place, and not have anything else open - even if I did when I logged
> out last time.

So log in, get it set up the way you want, and log out, saving that
session.  Or issue "gnome-session-save" when you have it set up the way you
want.

Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )            ben.steeves at gmail.com
http://www.metacon.ca/bcs      / \     Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves