ATI Drivers revisited.

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Sun Feb 12 16:58:29 UTC 2006

Hi all,

WIth the release of ATI's 8.22.5 drivers, I've grabbed the file "ati-
fglrx-8.22.5.1-0.lvn.1.4.src.rpm" from rpms.livea.org and am
rebuilding it with "rpmbuild --rebuild --target i686 -bb <filename>".

After the building has completed, I install the 2 RPMs (the kernel
module, and the ATI driver) however when trying to load Xorg, it
complains that the driver was compiled for X.org 6.9.0.0 and I'm
using 7.0.0.0.

Now, what I don't understand, is that if I compiled it on the same
system, why does it say it's compiled for 6.9 - not 7.0? I've never
managed to get the LVN ATI drivers to work under rawhide - but people
swear by them - so I figure that I must be doing something wrong.

At the moment, I'm using the driver built from:
http://www.leemhuis.info/files/fedorarpms/MISC.lvn/graphics/
(Direct link: http://www.leemhuis.info/files/fedorarpms/MISC.lvn/
graphics/xorg-x11-drv-fglrx-8.21.7.1-0.lvn.1.src.rpm)

This driver supports X.org 7.0.0.0 - but is currently only 8.21 -
which gives me some issues - hence the desire to try the new driver.

Is there some patch or something that I should be applying to the LVN
src.rpm to make it work with X.org 7.0.0.0? I must be missing
something here, but I can't find it :|

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au