A couple of rawhide surprises

Bill Rugolsky Jr. brugolsky at telemetry-investments.com
Mon Feb 13 21:59:46 UTC 2006

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 04:29:41PM -0500, Dave Jones wrote:
> If you're building your own kernels, you have to know what to expect.
> (That's a general statement, not specifically aimed at you, as I'm
>  well aware you have a very good handle on what to expect from
>  kernel-de-jour :-)

Fair enough.  But the point of "yum update" is to get updates; having
to edit the rc.sysinit on every update to initscripts would be a bit
disappointing. :-(  If that's going to be the case, Jon and others will
have to add it to the list of excludes in /etc/yum.conf ...

Bill, could we perhaps use a "noinitrd" boot flag to workaround this
in rc.sysinit?

Regards,

	Bill Rugolsky