Asterisk funnies.

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Tue Feb 14 09:36:39 UTC 2006

On Tue, February 14, 2006 8:32 pm, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 08:27:53PM +1100, Steven Haigh wrote:
>> After todays updates, I'm trying to start asterisk via the init script,
>> get:
>>
>> /etc/init.d/asterisk start
>> Starting asterisk: /bin/bash: error while loading shared libraries:
>> libdl.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>>                                                            [FAILED]
>
> Might be LD_ASSUME_KERNEL in environment of the script (rawhide glibc only
> supports
> values 2.6.9 or later).

Ah ha! you are spot on. the script has:
# Leave this set unless you know what you are doing.
export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1

Time to start tinkering :p

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au
Web: http://www.crc.id.au
Phone: (03) 9017 0597 - 0412 935 897

Sendmail is like emacs: A nice operating system, but missing
an editor and a MTA.