Problems with KDE and usb drive automounting

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 18:26:01 UTC 2006

On 2/14/06, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> The policy needs to be updated to be in sync with the recent HAL
> updates. So yes it is a SELinux related issue.

I'm sure there is a selinux related issue.. what I am unsure of is if
what I've been experiencing for over a week now.. has anything to do
with it.
I wasn't aware that policy mismatch caused problems when i have
selinux in permissive mode. I thought the whole point of permissive
mode was to keep prevent policy problems from causing operation
failures and to log them instead. If I'm wrong, I'd love to be pointed
to a better explanation of what the different between permissive and
enforcing mode is.

-jef