Stable vs. Release vs Devel Was: KDE update - no testing period?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Feb 14 20:48:02 UTC 2006

Hi

> The problem is not that there are rapid upstream advances. The problem
> is that when things like udev, hal  or xserver breaks it exceeds the
> experience level of a large segment of testers and users to recover from.
>
> Here are my thoughts on what I think may help:
> 1. A daily blog from Redhat explaining how to get around today's
> oops. Something that is tided to that days build report and updated as
> the day goes along if the initial solution is wrong or some better
> workaround is found. Something which is as proactive as time allows.
> Perhaps with an RSS feed for that post.

The workarounds if any are posted and discussed in this list and
fedora-devel list already. If anyone wishes to blog about them sign up
in http://fedoraproject.org/people.

> 2. Tutorials in online documentation on how to:
> - use the recovery CD
> - how to boot into runlevel 3 to start x manually
> - how to run a trace in Gnome and KDE
> - how to build a exclude list for yum update based on rpm queries on
> your system
> - IE a trouble shooting guide specific to Fedora that keeps up with
> the changes in rawhide

Can you help with any of these?. Kindly get involved in
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject. There are already several
drafts and ideas you can help with and improve.

On progress. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Schedule

On progress. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tools/xen

--
Rahul