install report - rawhide 2006-02-14 - Firstboot won't run

G.Wolfe Woodbury ggw at wolves.durham.nc.us
Wed Feb 15 00:41:04 UTC 2006

This machine has a known slow response when getting firstboot to run,
but this time uping the timeout to 25 seconds doesn't cure the problem.
As soon as I click the "Forward" button to start the firstboot process,
the window closes and reports "Can't communicate with Window Manager."

Trying to run firstboot from the command line in a root terminal window
also fails with a "Could not start any firstboot interface" RunTimeError

This is trying to run firstboot *without* having RHGB in the install
mix.  Yes, I deliberately unchecked RHGB in the customize software
window of the install process.  [I personally don't like the graphical
boot monitors of any ilk.]

Do y'all want me to reopen the firstboot bug that was closed (#176782)
or start a new bug?

--
G.Wolfe Woodbury     `- -'
RHCT                   U