Crippling Gnome-power-manager, Why!

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Feb 16 04:21:03 UTC 2006

Stanton Finley wrote:
> On my system (HP Pavilion ZE2108WM Notebook) the battery symbol is no
> longer even visible. I can still see the power cord symbol though. The
> menu option "Computer sleep type:" is blank with no options.
>
> Stanton Finley
> http://stanton-finley.net/

That is all I noticed. As Jeremy suggested about HAL possibly crashing,
I checked services and noticed haldaemon was checked but was not running.

I started haldaemon and checked the properties again on the applet and
the choices were again available to customize selections for actions.

I guess a relabeling of my system is in order. I already have the latest
updates.

Jim