Crippling Gnome-power-manager, Why!

Stanton Finley stanfinley at comcast.net
Thu Feb 16 05:31:14 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 23:21 -0500, Jim Cornette wrote:
> Stanton Finley wrote:
> > On my system (HP Pavilion ZE2108WM Notebook) the battery symbol is no
> > longer even visible. I can still see the power cord symbol though. The
> > menu option "Computer sleep type:" is blank with no options.
> >
> > Stanton Finley
> > http://stanton-finley.net/
> >

> That is all I noticed. As Jeremy suggested about HAL possibly crashing,
> I checked services and noticed haldaemon was checked but was not running.
>
> I started haldaemon and checked the properties again on the applet and
> the choices were again available to customize selections for actions.
>
> I guess a relabeling of my system is in order. I already have the latest
> updates.
>
> Jim

My HAL daemon was not running and in fact would not start until I
changed the SELinux policy from enforcing to permissive. Then upon
reboot HAL started, the battery symbol came back and the power
management options became visible in the Gnome Power Manager GUI.

BTW I notice that the system-config-securitylevel GUI no longer has a
check box option for "relabel on next boot" as it had in FC4. Why is
this and could you please remind me what the command to do so is?

Thanks.

Stanton Finley
http://stanton-finley.net/