Anyone else getting "Battery is fully charged" repeatedly?

Joshua M. Thompson funaho at jurai.org
Thu Feb 16 19:05:33 UTC 2006

Before I file a bug report on this I wanted to see if anyone else is
noticing this weirdness. I think it started within the past two weeks
but I'm not 100% sure since I usually use my laptop on AC.

On my laptop (Dell Inspiron 6000 running up-to-date FC5t2), if I go to
battery power and then back to AC, once the battery is fully charged
again the gpm applet will keep popping up the "Your battery is now fully
charged" window every 30 seconds or so, forever, until I log out or
reboot. It doesn't happen if I never go off AC during my session so I
don't think it's hardware related (ie I don't think the battery is
fluctuating or anything weird like that.)

It's mostly harmless but rather obnoxious as it tends to distract my
eyes a lot.

--
Joshua M. Thompson <funaho at jurai.org>