Rawhide -- Cannot run amaroK (Bug #178262 -- libGL.so.1: cannot enable executable stack as shared object requires)

Patrick von der Hagen patrick at wudika.de
Fri Feb 17 11:03:17 UTC 2006

Arjan van de Ven wrote:
[...]
 > this is the wrong solution though.... the right solution is to either
It isn't a solution at all. It's just a workaround. There is no doubt
that the "real" problem should be solved, but until this happens, this
workaround enables or disables amarok, flash and shockwave.

 > 1) fix the libary
 > or
 > 2) mark THIS library for OK
 >
 > doing this blindly is like robbing a bank to solve your $25 credit
 > card debt ;)
I hope there are few people on this list doing such things blindly...
but sometimes I just overestimate (or underestimate) what people are up
to .....
--
CU,
    Patrick.