lvm suspend with kernel 2.6.15-1.1955_FC5

William John Murray w.j.murray at rl.ac.uk
Fri Feb 17 13:30:17 UTC 2006

  Hello all,
          I tried the suspend-to-disk with the new kernel, 1955.
It definitely fixes the lvm issue, and shuts down nicely.
However, on reboot for me everything works except the display
comes up black with a little band of colour at the top.
remote logins are fine; Xorg is takin 95% of CPU.

Attempting to telinit 3 seemed to hang, and I rebooted.
    Any ideas what might be wrong?
[It looks rather the suspend to ram, but that did not have a working
system underneath]