Why drop all the control from user?

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sat Feb 18 12:55:49 UTC 2006

Miles Lane wrote:
> It is time to put this thread to rest.  n0dalus is going to write up
> a proposal for implementing a slight change to the UI and functionality
> that would enable users to have more control over the xscreensaver
> hacks that appear in gnome-screensaver.  Once n0dalus has done so,
> I will do my best to help present the ideas on
> screensaver-list at gnome.org.  My preference would be to have
> n0dalus, or another person who understands Gnome development,
> present the ideas.  Since, there will likely need to be some debate
> on the technical aspects of implementation.  If anyone wants to keep
> debating about the screensaver, please stop CCing the Fedora list
> and discuss on the Gnome list.
>
>         Miles

>>> OK!
>>>
>>> Some of us like xscreensaver a lot better than gnome-screensaver. Can
>>> you concentrate on making life simpler for users on another project instead?
>>>
>>> Please read thread below:
>>>
>>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2006-February/msg01191.html
>> And some of us enjoy the more integrated and featureful approach taken
>> by the gnome-screensaver project.
>>
>> your point is?
>>
>> - David

Thanks! I see the archives only go back to October. Originally when the
new package was added, I tried it and was dissatisfied with it and
removed gss from my system. I feel the program is too young and is
really not worthy for inclusion into FC5 and should be deprecated in status.

Link to the gss archive included below.
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/screensaver-list/

Jim