fedora-test-list Digest, Vol 24, Issue 91

Bulbul Alamgir balamgir at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 18 23:42:33 UTC 2006

I have one hard drive with 3 partitions and currently
has Windows 2000 Professional on the 1st partition and
Windows XP Professional on the 2nd partition. The 3rd
partition is empty and not formatted yet. I would like
to install Fesdora Core 4 (Desktop version) on the 3rd
partition but keeping the first two partitions intact
and make it a multiple boot system. I have booted with
the Fedora Core 4 CD, selected "Automatic Partition"
and then selected "Keep all partitions and use
existing free space" option. But it tells me that it
is unable to create the partion and something
regarding the Root. I am not sure waht the problem is
and not very good on manual partitioning. Do not wanna
loose the other operating system. Your help will be
very much appreciated.

Regards,

B. Alamgir