Someting Strange - no gnome-session!

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 20:18:00 UTC 2006

On 2/20/06, David Timms <dtimms at bigpond.net.au> wrote:
> This seems like a problem on the part of yum or depenencies, in that
> I couldn't remove a package without removing a number of packages I
> really needed.

Unless you can give us specific details as to what you exactly did to
start the uninstall of packages.. there isn't much to discuss as to
whether or not there is a "problem" that needs to be fixed.

yum remove evolution for me does not attempt to remove gnome-session

similarly on my system yum remove pirut(the package that includes pup)
 causes no obviously egregious removals that  would cause
gnome-session to be uninstalled.

So unless  you can give us a specific set of actions which cause the
removal of gnome-session, there really isn't much to discussion. The
packages you present as potential problems can be removed from my
system without a problem.

-jef