FC5T3 - Search seems unusable

Gerry Tool gstool at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 20 22:01:07 UTC 2006

The new Places > Search seems non-functional.  When I enter "fedora"
into the Find: field, it first says the daemon is not running.  After I
start the daemon with the provided button, it then returns No results
were found.

Then, while I was writing this, it came up with a list of Conversations
that it found - from Evolution posts to this list.

How is one supposed to find files with this facility? (I know that I can
use locate from the CLI, but this gui search facility has always been
useful in the past.

If this is a bug, I'll be happy to report it - to what component?

Thanks.

Gerry