cd image sizes?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Feb 21 20:29:43 UTC 2006

On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 20:15:14 +0100,
  dragoran <dragoran at feuerpokemon.de> wrote:
> Bruno Wolff III wrote:
>
> >But since they are reusable, people who bought them several years ago
> >may still have them. I have a bunch of 700MB CDRs, but my CDRWs are still
> >650MB. My plan had been to burn FC5T3 on CDRWs, since it would only be a
> >month before they would be scrap.
> >

> a cd-r costs allmost nothing...

I'm glad you have won the lottery and have no cares about money.
The last time I bought them they were about $.25 US, which for me is cheap
but not almost nothing.

At some point I am going to figure out how to build FC isos and then I can
make things the size that works for me without much trouble. I experimented
with that about two weeks ago, but the isos didn't turn out right. Though
they were close enough that I think I can get it to work when I have some
more time to play with it.

For this set, I will burn the DVD iso over 5 CDRWs at work where I have
fast download ability but no convenient DVD burning. Then at home I will
burn a DVD iso, which will be nicer for doing installs.

When FC5 is released I will burn a set of CDRs (or perhaps two as I like
to have a set available at home and the office), since those will be useful
over a long period of time.