3dfx dri problems

George Schneeloch schneg at rpi.edu
Wed Feb 22 07:54:34 UTC 2006

I'm using Fedora Core 5 Test 2 on my desktop with a Voodoo 3 3000 agp
card. /var/log/Xorg.0.log said that my 3dfx card won't work with DRI
unless it was set to a 16-bit depth. I changed my DefaultDepth in
/etc/X11/xorg.conf to 16 and I got this message from /var/log/Xorg.0.log:

(EE) TDFX(0): dlopen /usr/lib/dri/tdfx_dri.so failed
(/usr/lib/dri/tdfx_dri.so:
cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
(EE) TDFX(0): unable to find driver: tdfx_dri.so

Doing "yum provides tdfx_dri.so" yields nothing for the default
development repo's. It does not exist at /usr/lib/dri/tdfx_dri.so,
although a bunch of other driver .so files show up there. (yum provides
radeon_dri.so yields mesa-libGL as its package.)

Any ideas? Thanks for reading all of this
-George Schneeloch