Bling!

Ray Strode rstrode at redhat.com
Wed Feb 22 16:11:45 UTC 2006

Hi,
> On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 23:05 -0500, Ray Strode wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > Things are still quite raw, so expect things to crash, your system to
> > lock up, effects to be unpolished, etc.
> Is there a bugzilla component I should file problems against?
Not, yet.  Everything but the updated server is in rawhide, so maybe we
can get away with sneaking in another component to FC5.  Then again,
Adam is thinking about pushing regular driver updates, mesa updates,
etc, to his repo, so maybe we should create a new product.  I guess it's
really up to Adam and Mike.  What do you guys think?

> Are there debuginfo packages for the repo?
The ones in rawhide have debuginfo packages of course.  The updated
server didn't because my disk quota filled up. I removed the packages
that we got in rawhide and that made room for the debuginfo package.
> I'm getting the Xair server apparently crashing during the login.  Upon
> investigation, it's an exit here:
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x00b718c6 in exit () from /lib/libc.so.6
> #1  0x00f4cb96 in intelAllocateMemoryMESA ()
> from /usr/lib/dri/i915_dri.so
It's calling exit() from an AllocateMemory function?  Maybe you don't
have enough texture memory or something?  What resolution are you
running at? What happens if you lower your resolution?
> #2  0x00f4d708 in intelWaitForIdle () from /usr/lib/dri/i915_dri.so
> #3  0x00f4d732 in intelFinish () from /usr/lib/dri/i915_dri.so
> #4  0x00f6aaf2 in _mesa_Finish () from /usr/lib/dri/i915_dri.so
> #5  0x003e6423 in __glXSwapBuffers ()
> from /usr/lib/xair/modules/extensions/libglx.so
> #6  0x003ec750 in __glXForceCurrent ()
> from /usr/lib/xair/modules/extensions/libglx.so
> #7  0x008a8ddc in DRIUnlockedCallback ()
> from /usr/lib/xair/modules/extensions/libdri.so
> #8  0x003ec8e1 in __glXForceCurrent ()
> from /usr/lib/xair/modules/extensions/libglx.so
> #9  0x080845d6 in Dispatch ()
> #10 0x0806e2f9 in main ()
>
> Top tip for debugging:  ssh into the test machine from another host,
> locate the Xair process, and run a "gdb attach" onto that process from
> there, type "cont" to get the X server to continue.  You then have a
> vaguely sane debug environment, and can "break exit" (how I got the
> above).
>
> Should these notes be on the wiki?
Sure!  Please add them.

--Ray