X trouble with Intel 82810E DC-133 graphics chipset in FC5T2

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Feb 22 20:27:25 UTC 2006

Willem Riede wrote:
> On 02/21/2006 08:38:45 PM, Jim Cornette wrote:
>> Are you giving mountpoints or sharing /home with the FC5T3 installation?

> No, this PC has only FC3 on it (with /, swap and /home on separate partitions)
> which I was trying to have anaconda upgrade to FC5T3, at which point that
> would be all that's on it.

That eliminates the problem I suspected. Do you think that maybe the
process is just trying to update items which do not exist? I am
referring to the downscaling and also program relocation from core to
Extras and complete elimination of some programs from the distro.

Also, I had trouble on my rawhide installation for items which depended
upon hotplug. This program is being removed but scanners, media players
and the like have programs which require hotplug on earlier installs.

I used yum remove hotplug and allowed several programs to uninstall, I
then reinstalled the scanner software. What happens if you remove
hotplug, keep track of desired programs for reinstallation after hotplug
is removed?

> Regards, Willem Riede.
>

> I'm happy to report that this problem no longer exists in FC5T3,
however, this PC now reproducibly locks up hard after several mintus of
"Starting Install Process". Nothing on screen to indicate what happened.
The old FC3 stll boots. Anaconda had created install.log and
install.log.syslog, but both files are empty.

> Regards, Willem Riede.

It seems that the kernel is allowing AGP. My Intel 815 card worked fine
on proceeding with the upgrade. I upgraded an FC5T1 to FC5T3 for test
successfully. (on 7 GIG partition with the default selection)

Anyway, the kernel and video seem alright. Intel probably is not the
cause. I did however have the need to upgrade BIOS and set video related
settings up for another computer with an Intel 865G video which is a
Dell computer. I take it your legacy video setting is already adjusted
in BIOS

Jim.