FC5T3 iso image question

John Pearson jpearson42 at wowway.com
Thu Feb 23 20:25:29 UTC 2006

On Thursday 23 February 2006 3:04 pm, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On 2/23/06, John Pearson <jpearson42 at wowway.com> wrote:
> > I would like to try upgrading my Fedora Core 4 test box.  I have been
> > trying to use torrents with little success.  I need an i386 version of
> > the media.  I have tried three times to get a set of cd images, but disc5
> > and rescuecd fail at sha1sum.
>
> Hmm... I'm pretty sure i did the sha1sum check on the disks i pulled
> down over torrent and they all passed...but I'll do it again just for
> you later when I get home.  I burned the media and ran mediacheck on
> all 5 i386 isos and they passed. I'm not sure why you are having
> trouble with disk5 from the torrent.
>
> -jef

I did manage to find a localish mirror and pull down a copy which is good.  I
can't really comment on why the image was bad.  But sha1sum was not happy,
k3b claimed it was not a usable image file.

The new one checked out, burned, the glass copy passed a byte for byte check
after burning.

More importantly,  the upgrade completed cleanly.  I have to upgraded version
running, and I am starting to do some verification with it.

Thanks

-Jpearson