"install everything" and @everything dumped

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Feb 23 23:19:03 UTC 2006

I was about to submit a bug report that neither does the installer
simply allow my to throw the full contents of the DVD onto my disk
anymore, nor do any of my kickstart files work with FC5 anymore, when
I found that this was not a bug or a temporary shortcoming, but was
done on purpose (at least according to a post by R. Sundaram which
sounded quite authoritative).

It can't be sane to force a user to have to select the bits from the
CDs/DVDs. The majority of the users want to get the beast on their
system and see what's up with it. The older generation like me browse
the man pages and /usr/share/doc, the younger use the graphical
menus. Neither want to start poking with depsolvers into rpm metadata
for fishing interesting software and play CD jokey afterwards.

Please bring @everything or equivalent back.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net