FC4 -> FC5t3 notes

Nat Gross nat101l at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 00:07:50 UTC 2006

On 2/23/06, Nat Gross <nat101l at gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>
> ALSO, nfs clients from this server cannot read the nfs mounted dirs.
> Although /etc/exports was not changed, and I exported them again from
> the fc5t3 machine.
After the yum update, this is working ok.
BUT, upon logging in (after reboot) I had a nice note on my Gnome
desktop that the network connection was lost. I ignored the message.
The lan IS working.

> Also, my external usb 2.0 drive needs some coaxing to work. It has 3
> partitions, and they show up differently on the Gnome desktop upon
> every boot, and dont show up at all on the kde desktop. It does some
> weird stuff when unmounting via the gui. But I'll wait after the  yum
> update is complete to verify again.
This is still the same. Although, the files are there, the names of
the mounts just change in the browser, appear and dissappear from the
desktop, things like that.
-nat