Bling!

Rudi Chiarito nutello at sweetness.com
Fri Feb 24 00:32:39 UTC 2006

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 11:11:45AM -0500, Ray Strode wrote:
> have enough texture memory or something?  What resolution are you
> running at? What happens if you lower your resolution?

I'd suggest experimenting with a lower depth, too. On the one system I
tried it on, 1600x1200x24 resulted in a mostly white screen, while 16bit
worked, although I could still see noticeable tearing while dragging
windows.

Has anyone tried killing Nautilus with the compositing manager enabled?
Now that's an interesting and probably unexpected effect.

Another question since we're at it: are there reasons why this should
not work with a dualhead setup? Of course Xinerama is mutually
exclusive with DRI, but I am wondering if there are going to be other
limitations, too.

--
Rudi