hibernate/suspend?

Mike Leahy mgleahy at golden.net
Fri Feb 24 04:14:10 UTC 2006

Orion,

Thanks for the tip...that definitely got rid of the end_request errors.

As for hibernate itself not working, I've been able to determine that
if I have my PCMCIA wireless card connected when I run pm-hibernate, it
hangs.  This is a linksys WPC54GS, with a broadcom 4306 chipset.
Although the FC5 kernels include a bcm43xx driver for this chipset, I
have yet to get that to work properly.  Instead, I've been working with
ndiswrapper to run the native windows driver.  I find that if I'm
careful, and I disconnect and unplug the card, the hibernate process
runs fine.  Otherwise, I'm toast.  Has anyone else had a similar
experience like this?

Mike

Thanks again for your help,
Mike