Network disconnected popup

David Nielsen gnomeuser at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 06:22:10 UTC 2006

tor, 23 02 2006 kl. 20:03 -0500, skrev Konstantin Ryabitsev:
> À 23/02/06 07:48 PM, John (J5) Palmieri a écrit:
> >> BTW, the side-effect of compiling in libnotify is that now
> >> NetworkManager pulls in pango and with it much of X.
> >
> > nm-applet should be the only app linking to libnotify which already
> > pulls in pango and much of X.
>
> icon at protee:[~]$ rpm -q --requires NetworkManager | grep notify
> libnotify >= 0.3
>
> Probably a packaging bug?

A more grave problem is that on my machine at least it fires up the pop
up before the applet has been placed so it's often slightly off screen
and it is the first thing the user sees. Hardly desirable behaviour to
display a broken error message as the first thing.

- David

--
Obligatory shameless blog plug - the GNOME commentary located at:
www.lovesunix.net/blog