Booting from USB DVD broken? (FC5T3)

Dave Atkins thedave at ix.netcom.com
Fri Feb 24 07:20:16 UTC 2006

I'd like to confirm this.

I've tried many combinations of configurations, but I simply cannot
install on my USB DVD based system.

The same media worked fine on two IDE-DVD systems.

Also, I have noticed in the media selection screen (Local CD, Local hd,
etc.) that it fails to find the CD the first couple of times.  But, if I
give a little pause before I press enter, it seems to advance OK.

The only error I get on V-console 3 is: Unable to load mousedev, but I
think that's a red herring.

D.