hibernate/suspend?

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Fri Feb 24 13:20:44 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 15:58 -0700, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> Mike Leahy wrote:
> > Hello list,
> >
> > I installed FC5T3 yestereday.  I found that I was able to successfully
> > hibernate/restart before running any updates.  However, it took about 3
> > or 4 minutes to complete, partly because of some errors I get when the
> > screen first goes blank...something that looks like:
> >
> >   "end_request: I/O error, dev fd0, <something else here>".
> >
> > Last time I asked about this, somebody said it was an issue with the
> > kernel.
>
> Remove fd0 from /boot/grub/device.map, should fix that I think.

This seems to be a bug in the install (anaconda).
I just did an install on a new machine. It has no floppy drive, and has
the bios set to no floppy (although the floppy controller is enabled).

The /boot/grub/device.map contains a line such as
(fd0)     /dev/fd0
for a floppy that is non-existant.

Why is that there? It is not there and never was at the time of the
install.