can't get beagle to index simple text files

Gerry Tool gstool at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 24 17:20:34 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-24 at 10:32 -0600, Brian Millett wrote:
> I am running rawhide, latest 20060224 updates. I have setup beagle to
> start indexing automatically and to index my home dir.  It has
> accumulated a lot of indexes
>
> [bpm]$ du -sh .beagle/
> 520M    .beagle/
>
> But I know that I have many plain ascii text files.  One in particular I
> know that there is only one reference to a name "hagoth".  Beagle
> searching tells me that "hagoth" can not be found.  I can find anything
> in any evolution email.
>
> What is the trick?

I have the same updates installed, have specified autostart which now
works, and have requested indexing of my home directory and /.  If I
search for "fedora", I get a lot of "Conversation" entries, and a few
mail attachment "Documents", but no hint of any files that have "fedora"
in the name.  Locate of course finds tens of these.

The results of the du command for me are:
[gerry at fc5t3 ~]$ du -sh .beagle/
4.4M    .beagle/

Why am I not finding these files with the GUI Search tool?

I did file a bug, #182191, but it was closed RAWHIDE by Matthias Clasen
(mclasen at redhat.com) on 2006-02-21 15:18 EST.  I have the latest update,
and the above is still the case.  Should I reopen the bug?

Thanks.
Gerry