Send CLA broken?

Patrick Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Fri Feb 24 22:49:14 UTC 2006

On Friday 24 February 2006 15:22, Chasecreek Systemhouse wrote:
> > Have you already registered in the Account System?
>
> Apparently not, I'm trying to do that now but I am now getting:
>
> SSHv2 Public Key (attach your ~/.ssh/id_dsa.pub file here) (Invalid SSH
> key):
>
> None of my Fedora5 boxes are working and the iMac I use at home is not
> connected to the Internet -- so I'm stuck here using PuTTY on Windows
> XP.
>
> Are the SSH2 dsa file formats not the same?
> --
> WC Jones -- http://youve-reached-the.endoftheinternet.org/

As long as the key is created properly, they'll be almost compatible.  The
Account System will look for a valid user at hostname comment in the key.  Don't
ask me why, but without such a comment, it will fail.  The comment can be
easily added using a text editor.  At the end of the key, following the '=',
adding a user at hostname bit will most likely allow the key to work.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com

http://www.n-man.com/