initscripts, xen and bonding

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Feb 24 23:13:11 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm having a hard time getting bonding to work on FC5t3. It looks like
the bond0 interface bond0 is renamed to pbond0 by xen [*] and the
enslaving does not work anymore then. It works if I log on the
terminal and ifenslave the devices to pbond0 instead of bond0 after
the boot process has finished.

But I want this to be handled automatically during reboots, so I tried
assigning the bonding slaves to pbond0 as a master in the
ifcfg-eth{0,1} scripts, but that doesn't work.

What is causing the bond0 rename and should this renaming be
considered by initscript? Is this a user error or should I file this
against bugzilla? xen or initscripts?

Thanks!

[*] The only reference I found was a Japanese site and google's
    translation of it.

    http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://hoop.euqset.org/archives/001619.html
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net