Unable to mount root after upgrade from FC4->FC5t3

Vladimir Vukicevic vladimirv at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 10:05:03 UTC 2006

Problem solved -- the initrd image didn't include sd_mod.ko!  Hence,
no sd* devices were available, and thus no root.  Running mkinitrd
with --with=sd_mod fixed things -- I'm not sure why mkinitrd isn't
picking up on this?  I was running a non-FC kernel beforehand, where I
had compiled in ata_piix and the various scsi modules while futzing
around with trying to get suspend/hibernate to work, so my
modprobe.conf and friends had no mention of ata_piix or any of the
scsi bits, not sure if that had an effect on the installer.

    - Vlad